"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." – William James

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fight On!

It has just been one of those evenings...you know, one of those when you wish parts of life were just a little easier. Or that you could take a break from recovery just for the day so that you can surpass the day of uncomfortable feelings that seem to be accompanying it so that you can focus on something else (school/finals in my case). But alas, I have learned that this "just for the day" syndrome is not a "just for the day." So fight on I have. But yes, it has been uncomfortable. Thoughts have plagued my mind. Fight on. Lies have crept in. Fight on. Some things just don't seem to be going as planned. Fight on. Those "rules" seem impossible to break. Fight on....fight on!
Through all the self talk, affirmations, prayers, music, I have managed to fight on. I sit here eating my night time snack reflecting back on the day and feel some pride. I did fight on. The thoughts were there, but they did NOT rule over me. My faith pulled me through. In listening to Mark Schutlz's "He will Carry Me" tonight, I found that hope:

And even though I’m walkin’ through
The valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me
And when all hope is gone
And I’ve been wounded in the battle
He is all the strength that I will
Ever need
And He will carry me

God carried me through the day. He gave me the strength to fight on!

No comments:

Post a Comment