"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." – William James

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Angels

"For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone." Psalm 91: 11-12

Angels. I remember watching 'Touched by an Angel' every Sunday night as a young girl, wondering if I would ever experience something like that. I have read about angels, been told about angels, but never felt like I had one in my life until the end of 2009. But even then, I didn't realize that this person that God sent into my life was my angel. It wasn't until recently that I had this revelation. Psalm 91 says that God will send us angels to protect us, lift us up so we don't get hurt. In my case, my angel did more then protect me, she helped show me the way. If I did get hurt, she was there. God sent her at a time in my life that I did not realize the impact she would truly have on me. We laughed, until we cried. We talked about the most random things. She was like my big sister that I always wanted. Then when I did need her, she was already there. God had already placed her in my life and formed a relationship that was trusting, loving (unconditionally), and real. Nothing could break the bond that held our hearts together because that hold was God, faith and love. While distance can separate, pain can cut through, disease in whatever form can fence off a relationship, there is still something connecting us I believe. Something that can never be broken. My angel saved my life. It might be cliche, but its 100% true. If my angel had not appeared when she did, the bond wouldn't have formed, the trust wouldn't have developed and the secrets wouldn't have been told. Then when I truly needed the angel, I would have run away, but I couldn't. God kept the tie between us tied. Whether it's through talking now, or remember old things said, reading past journals, listening to music that reminds me of her, my angel's purpose will forever reign in my heart and mind.
So yes, I do believe in angels, and I know I have been touched by an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment