"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." – William James

Thursday, March 25, 2010

What Faith Can Do


This song reminds me of someone very special in my life and I've been listening to it all night. Eating Disorders do have consequences and while I've been blessed to not have many physical consequences from my time I have spent wrapped up in the darkness of my eating disorder, I am having to face, head on, social and emotional consequences. However, I will continue to fight them head on because falling down and staying down will not solve any problems. It will just keep me in the darkness, in the depression, guilt and shame, and away from life, love, happiness, freedom and my passions. My faith in God, other's faith in me, and my growing faith in myself will pull me through this. I will become the real person that I am again. While I'm scared to step forward, I must do it. I trust God. I trust my friends. I trust my treatment team. And I will learn to trust myself.
Like the picture, I have been stuck within the trees waiting for a wind to let me blow lose and into the sky, floating, freedom. However, at times that wind has come but I've been too stuck to allow myself to let loose. However, God has given me a gust of wind to show me that I deserve to be out of the trees and into the world. So watch out world, I am willing to let go and see where God continues to blow me.

What Faith Can Do- Kutless

Everybody falls sometimes Gotta find the strength to rise From the ashes and make a new beginning Anyone can feel the ache You think it's more than you can take But you are stronger, stronger than you know Don't you give up now The sun will soon be shining You gotta face the clouds To find the silver lining I've seen dreams that move the mountains Hope that doesn't ever end Even when the sky is falling And I've seen miracles just happen Silent prayers get answered Broken hearts become brand new That's what faith can do It doesn't matter what you've heard Impossible is not a word It's just a reason for someone not to try Everybody's scared to death When they decide to take that step Out on the water It'll be alright Life is so much more Than what your eyes are seeing You will find your way If you keep believing I've seen dreams that move the mountains Hope that doesn't ever end Even when the sky is falling And I've seen miracles just happen Silent prayers get answered Broken hearts become brand new That's what faith can do Overcome the odds You don't have a chance (That's what faith can do) When the world says you can't It'll tell you that you can! I've seen dreams that move the mountains Hope that doesn't ever end Even when the sky is falling And I've seen miracles just happen Silent prayers get answered Broken hearts become brand new That's what faith can do That's what faith can do! Even if you fall sometimes You will have the strength to rise


1 comment: